Cleaning silver with aluminum foil and baking soda is one of the easiest and cheapest methods to get your cherished pieces looking shiny and new. In this tutorial, we will show you how to clean silver with aluminum foil and baking soda.
How To Clean Silver With Aluminum Foil And Baking Soda – without words!
- Silver jewelry or cutlery
- Glass bowl
- Boiling water
- Baking soda
- Aluminum foil
How To Clean Silver With Aluminum Foil And Baking Soda:
- Place a sheet of standard aluminum foil, shiny side up, in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Set the silver objects on top of the aluminum foil. Make sure the silver touches the aluminum.
- Fill the container with boiling water, preferably from a tea kettle or other container from which you can pour it safely.
- Add 1 tablespoon (or small bag) of baking soda per cup of water. The solution will bubble and froth a bit.
- Allow your silver to soak for 2-3 minute, or as long as five minutes for heavily-tarnished items. You can mix it little bit.
- Carefully remove your silver items. You can rinse it in clear water.
- You can also polish it little bit with paper towel or cotton cloth.
- Pretty incredible difference, right? We were beyond impressed with how well this trick actually worked. You can repeat the procedure for badly tarnished silver.
Like Thanks! You've already liked thisNo comments