Do you have a cough or a cold? This recipe from our grandmothers is guaranteed to help you. Onion tea (sometimes also onion syrup) is good home remedy for a bad cough, cleanses the nose and has a disinfectant effect on the mucous membranes. It is also ideal for preventing these common diseases. You can easily make it at home according to our proven recipe for how to prepare onion tea for cough and cold.
It’s mid-January and the outside temperatures have dropped to minus 10 °C. Ideal time for a cold or cough. Today I therefore decided to make another batch of onion tea so that our family would be healthy and we could enjoy the winter fun.
Onion tea for cough and cold (home remedy):
Ingredients for onion tea:
- 2-3 medium onions
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
How to prepare onion tea for colds, coughs and colds:
- Chop the onion finely.
- Cut (or grate) a little ginger.
- Bring the water to a boil, set aside, and immediately add the chopped onion, ginger and lemon juice to the water.
- Allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Pour the broth through a sieve into a glass and add honey to taste.
- You can take it warm or store it in the fridge after it has cooled down.
In case of an acute cold or cold, take one tablespoon every hour. You can also add the extract to the tea.
As a prevention, a tablespoon twice a day will suffice.