Learn how to make simple yet delicious french toast! There is nothing fancy here because simple is better with this. About the best french toast you’ll have anywhere! French toast, also known as eggy bread, Bombay toast, German toast, gypsy toast, poor knights (of Windsor), or Spanish toast, is a dish made of bread soaked in milk, then in beaten eggs and then fried, a variation from the traditional Spanish dessert called Torrija. Here is one simple recipe, how to make french toasts.
How to Make French Toast | French Toast Recipe
Ingredients for french toast:
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- vanilla or vanilla sugar
- pinch of baking powder
How to make french toast:
- Let the bread sit out overnight and dry out (not necessary).
- Mix 3-4 eggs in a medium bowl, crack the eggs then beat with a whisk or large fork.
- Add 1 cup of milk. Beat well until eggs are frothy, about 15 seconds.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg to taste and a pinch of baking powder.
- Pour mixture into shallow pan or pie plate.
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle.
- Place bread onto the griddle and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.