Christmas gingerbread cookies are classic cookies baked not only for Christmas for generations. There are thousands of recipes for guaranteed true Christmas gingerbread. In this article we will show you how to bake honey Christmas gingerbread according to our recipe. Gingerbread cookies are excellent and if they are left to rest in the cold for a while, they are also beautifully soft. We always put gingerbread on the balcony for a few days and then they are exclusive.
I shot this video with my four-year-old son, who is always very happy to help me in the kitchen. This is the second batch of gingerbread this year, the first batch was eaten in one week. And since it is still 8 days before Christmas, I assume that we will bake another batch 🙂
Christmas gingerbread cookies recipe
- 400g (14,1oz) plain flour
- 140g (4,9oz) sugar
- 75g (2,6oz) butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread spices
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, 2 eggs, honey, spices and soda and make the dough out of the mixture.
- Leave the dough to rest for at least a few hours in the fridge, ideally for 1 day.
- Then roll out and cut out the shapes with molds.
- Bake at 150 ° C for about 7 minutes.
- After removing the gingerbread from the oven, smear it with egg white.
- Enjoy your meal